Search Forum

Our Magazines

Dear visitor, Welcome to Forum zur Ahnenforschung . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

norton67

Trainee

• "norton67" started this thread

Thursday, January 17th 2019, 6:29pm

Re-Post 1932 Hamburg Newspaper - Altona Bloody Sunday

Hello again everyone,

Johannes Heinrich Georg ARMBRUST b. 16 Oct 1915 - d. 14 July 1932 Hamburg:

He may have been involved in Altona Bloody Sunday. Death certificate is by police and no family information is included.

I have searched a few websites and cannot find any more information about Johannes nor any connection with Bloody Sunday. The date of his death (just 2 days before) and the certificate by police may indicate a "street death".

I have ARMBRUST family in the Altona - Hamburg - Blankenese area at the time of Johannes life BUT I'm NOT SURE he is related.

I want to find specific information on Johannes H. G. A. if I can

If anyone can offer a suggestion as to how I can find more on this subject I will be grateful.

One forum member has given me information and direction thus far and I appreciate that very much. Thank you.

Please see attachments below: They are the Hamburg death certificate of J. H. G. A.

Thank you,

Bob Armbrust
USA
norton67 has attached the following files:

Thursday, January 17th 2019, 8:02pm

Hello Bob,
http://www.theeuropeanlibrary.org/tel4/n…&query=armbrust

Johannes (Hans) Armbrust died by an accident with his bicycle.

This is the original text:

Mit dem Fahrrad in den Hafen gestürzt und ertrunken.

Der Geschäftsbote Hans Armbrust stürzte gestern mit seinem Fahrrad zwischen den Kaischuppen 3 und 4 und fiel über die Kaimauer ins Wasser. A. ertrank, die Leiche konnte noch nicht geborgen werden.

kind regards
Chris

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Tempelritter" (Jan 17th 2019, 8:04pm)

norton67

Trainee

• "norton67" started this thread

Thursday, January 17th 2019, 9:23pm

Thank you

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your quick response. I was definitely on the wrong track but I did learn something along the way so that's good.

I'll work on translating the article to English as I neither read nor speak any German.

I'm very grateful for you help, thank you.

Regards,

Bob Armbrust