Search Forum

Our Magazines

Dear visitor, Welcome to Forum zur Ahnenforschung . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

SwanC

Trainee

• "SwanC" started this thread

Societies: Maus/Bremen

Tuesday, September 17th 2019, 8:41pm

Johann Adam Mohr and Maria Katharina Knab in Hambach a. d. W.

Hello,

Johann Adam Mohr and his wife Maria Katharina Knab were born about 1668 in Hambach a.d. Weinstrasse, and had many children. The first attachment shows the marriages of some of their children in the period 1744 to 1751. The second attachment is for the death of Maria Katharina Knab. Can you tell me what these documents tell us about these 2 people? (There is disagreement on their births and deaths, so I don't want to bias you in any way, but I have to mention that their last child was born in 1728, and no one thinks that is possible.)

Thank you,

Christiana Swan
SwanC has attached the following files:

Tuesday, September 17th 2019, 10:23pm

The second attachment says, that Catharina Mohr died on Jan. 3rd in 1758.
She was the widow of Adam Mohr, formerly councilman in Hambach.

The first attachment deals with children of Johann Mohr and C. Mohr. So the question is, weather it is the same man.

In addition attachment 1 says, that in 1747 Catharina Mohr was already dead. That's in contrary to attachment 2.

So it may be, attachment 1 and attachment 2 are about different people. :?:
Viele Grüße
h :) nry

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Krieg ist nicht gut für die Möbel." (Andreas Rebers)

This post has been edited 6 times, last edit by "henrywilhelm" (Sep 18th 2019, 8:36am)

SwanC

Trainee

• "SwanC" started this thread

Societies: Maus/Bremen

Wednesday, September 18th 2019, 5:05pm

Thank you for looking at these documents. Does the 2nd one say anything about the age of the Catharina who died in 1758?

J. Steffen

Wednesday, September 18th 2019, 7:01pm

Hello,
in doc. 2 it says that Catharina died "nonagenariâ major" which I understand as "older than 90 years".
MfG, J. Steffen