Johann Valentine Kaub

• I am trying to locate the origins of Johann Valentine Kaub. I believe that he was born c 1742 the son of Christian and Barbara Kaub and the family emigrated to Pennsylvania c 1742-1745.
    All I know for certain is that they were German speaking.
    They seem to have been Lutheran Reformed or Lutheran Evangelical - whichever was the nearest denomination in Pennsylvania. After the first generation the name became Kaup eventually becoming Coup.
    Has anyone come across Valentine Kaub, or even the surname Kaub around 1740s? Possibly, but not necessarily, in Pfalz.
    Thanks
    daryl

Moderator-Übersetzung/Translation:
    Ich veruche, die Ursprünge Johann Valentine Kaub zu finden. Ich glaube, dass er ca. 1742 geboren wurde, als Sohn von Christian and Barbara Kaub, und dass die Familie ca. 1742-1745 nach Pennsylvania auswanderten.
    Alles was ich sicher weiss, ist das sie deutsch-sprachig waren.
    Anscheinend waren sie Lutheran Reformed oder Lutheran Evangelical - welche Denomination auch immer in Pennsylvania am nahesten war.
    Nach der ersten Generation wurde der Name KAUP und später - COUP
    Weiss jemand etwas über Valentine Kaub, oder sogar die Nachname Kaub um die 1740 herum. Wahrscheinlich - aber nicht unbedingt - im Pfalz.
    Danke
    daryl

• Hallo Charlie versuch es dochmal ber Family Search! Da stehen viele Kaups drin. Auch ab 17. Jahrhundert. Vielleicht findest Du einen Zugang zu seiner Familie. Viele Grüsse von Erika

• Hello Daryl,
    i found Kaub-in (-in means a female person) MOttilia from Gebrodt; this town must be in the near from Sponheim. she emiggrated around 1756. I found no notice where did she was gone. She was the only person that found with this name.
    I looked in Auswanderungen aus Rheinpfalz und Saarland im 18. Jahrhundert from Mr. Werner Hacker
    I wish you many look for your search and a lot of fun in our forum.

viele Grüße
    Ulrich
    suche Volkemer >1720 Pfalz; Elsaß; Lothringen;
    Schmidt in Syrgenstein/Bayern-Schwaben und Lothringen Raum Bitsch > 1720