Rendsburg Census 1845

• Dear german friends

I live in Brazil and don´t speak German very well.Searching for my German ancestors I searched for them in the 1845 Census of Rendsburg.I´ve found my family in the Mormons films ,but coudn´t understand the manuscript form .Is there this Census on line?

Thank you very much for your help.

• Thank you,Wolfgang.I searched in the Danske D.Database and ,in the 1803 Census I ´ve found my fifth grand-mother Anna Elisabeth Rötger,her son Detlef Heinrich Rötger and two daughters,including my fourth grand-mother Friedrika Franziska Rötger.

Now I must find my third grand-mother Marie Wilhelmine Gullann and my third grand-father Carl Friedrich Christian Loewe,which I found in 1845 Census in Rendsburg (Mormons films) but,for my great regret, I wasn´t able to understand the manuscript,in gothic letters,I think.Marie Wilhelmine and Carl Friedrich Loewe lived with her parents Heinrich Lorenz Gullann ,oberkriegskommissair in Rendsburg, and Friedrika Rötger.

I know much about the Rötger and Gullann family,from the Google books,but the Loewe family remains a mistery...

Thank very much.

• Hi,

Carl Friedrich Christian Loewe (23y) and his wife Maria Wilhelmine Gullan (22y) lived in "Luetjenburg" in 1845. The census shows them living in the household of the postmaster Heinrich Lorentz Gullan (64y) and his wife Friederika Fransisca Magda. Bötger (59y) in the IV. Quarter, "Markt No. 16". Also living in the household is Laura Elfride Gullan (31y, not married), daughter of the above mentioned. Due to the descriptions Heinrich Lorentz Gullan was born in "Juetland, Varde ??", so he came from Denmark.

Carl Friedrich Christ. Loewe was born in Rendsburg in 1822 ? (descripted in the comment.)

The Loewe family is mentioned in the census data 1835 and 1803 in Rendsburg, but not your Carl Friedrich. It seems that not all of the census data for Rendsburg is in the database by now.
    In 1835 there is mentioned the family of Wilhelm Carl Hermann Loewe (31y), fourier, with his wife and three children between 1 and 7 years.

In 1803 in Rendsburg, there is an August Wilhelm Loewe (41y), fireworker from the artillery detachement, 19th company with his wife and children, probably the father of the above mentioned, but because the Wilhelm Loewe was born around 1804, he can´t be mentioned in 1803.

But in the census 1803 for Rendsburg there is another Hans Zacharias West Löwe (30y), who is mentioned as a married "Postmaster" (!!!), living in the "Schlossgrund"

Maybe this helps

Gruß Brokstedt

Suche alles zu FN Giesenhagen (S-H, M-V, BRB), FN Kohl (S-H und Weickelsdorf/Sachsen) sowie FN Schubert (Raum Chemnitz)

Jede Form von Info-Austausch Dithmarschen (allgemein) interessiert.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Tradition ist nicht das Halten der Asche, sondern das Weitergeben der Flamme (Thomas Morus)

• Thank you very much,Broksted.I´m very grateful for your information.How very interesting!Please,where did you find this census data(1803,1835,1845)?Are they on line?

Could you tell me what was the profession/activity of Carl Friedrich Christian Loewe?

I did know Heinrich Lorenz Gullann was Danish.His biography is in Almindeligt Forfatter-Lexicon for Kongeriget Danmark...There is an article about him in a magazine ? named Die Heimat(number 71-1964,p.124-125)-"Oberkriegskommissair und Musikfreund Heinrich Lorenz von Gullann".

Is there any possibility of obtaining it?

Thank you so much.

Mit freundlichen Grüsse.

Ligia

• Hi Ligia,

unfortunately, most of the information I sent before is not online, but only available in a licensed database.
    The 1845 census doesn´t mention a profession for Carl Friedrich Loewe. There´s only an additional information, that he is son-in-law to the household Heinrich Lorentz Gullan.

But for this Heinrch Lorentz Gullan you can find additional information with the link, Nordlicht sent to you.

There you will find a 1787 census for the Danish city of Ribe

With the adress Graabroedre Gade 15 there lived:
    Jacob Christian Gulland (39y), married, household, sergeant at the Ribe regiment
    Sophia Friederica Sink (39y), his wife
    Christian Friderich Gulland (8y), their son
    Henrich Lorentz Gulland (6y), their son - this must be your ancestor from the 1845census
    Sophia Friederica Gulland (4y), their daughter
    Anthon Rasbach (17y), required soldier of the regiment

Gruß Brokstedt

Suche alles zu FN Giesenhagen (S-H, M-V, BRB), FN Kohl (S-H und Weickelsdorf/Sachsen) sowie FN Schubert (Raum Chemnitz)

________________________________________________________________________________________

Tradition ist nicht das Halten der Asche, sondern das Weitergeben der Flamme (Thomas Morus)

• Hi,Brokstedt

Thank you for the information about my Gullann family.

Searching in the Mormon films,I found the August Wilhelm Loewe you mentioned.He was married to Dorothea geb Nielsen (or Hansen).I found four sons-Georg Peter Laurik,Carl Wilhelm Herrmann,Annes Georg August and Johann Friedrich Niels.

Annes Georg August married Abel Christina Johansen (1819)

Johann Friedrich Niels 16 Artillerie Compagnie Sergentier married Dorothea Margaretha Wolf (1822).I think this last one is Carl Friedrich Christian`s father,because one of the gevattern in my great grandmother baptism is a Dorothea Margaretha Loewe.

I hope I´ll find something more about my Loewe family.

Thank you very much for your help.

Ligia

• Hi,Brokstedt

I know I am asking too much,but in 1787 Census for Glückstadt is there a Rötger family? My ancestor Johann Friedrich Rötger ,who was a Justizrath,son of another Justizrath Rötger lived in Glückstadt (1742-1787).He was married to Anna Elisabeth Koch ,daughter of Achatius Nicolaus Koch ,postmeister (!!!) in Ottensen ,Steinburg,Segeberg and holstein.Felpostmeister (1712-1796) and his wife Telsche Rossmann.

Thank you once more.

Ligia

• Hi Ligia,

I think there was no census in 1767 for Glückstadt. As far as I know this 1767 census took place only in main Denmark and not in the Holstein region. But your Anna Elisabeth Koch is mentioned in the earliest census from 1803 in Glückstadt.

Anna Elisabeth Rötger, 60y, widow, Justizrätin and household, lived in Glückstadt, IV. Quarter, Königsstr. 132
    Benedicte Louise Friederike Rötger, 20y, not married, her daughter
    Friederike Francisca Magdalene Rötger, 18y, not married, her daughter
    Johann Friedrich Neumann, 40y, married, servant
    Anna Margaretha Gesa Brandt, 23y, not married, housemaid
    Friederike Maria Bode, 15y, not married, housemaid

in Glückstadt also mentiond in census 1803 is a man, most likely an older son of the widow Rötger, with his own household
    Detlef Heinrich Rötger, 27y, married, government advocat, I. Quarter, Am Deich No. 83a
    Magdalene Dorothea Sophie von Münnich, 34y, his wife
    Susanne Christine Wilhelmine Hovelsen, 26y, not married, housemaid

Gruß Brokstedt

• Hi,Brokstedt!

I read very carefully the information you send to me .And something is very important.Since Marie Wilhelmine Gullann and Carl Friedrich Loewe were born in Rendsburg,I supposed they were married there, and I´ve asked their marriage certificate to the Rendsburg Church,but now I see they may have got married in Lütjenburg.The way my ancestors moved from place to place is amazing.

Thank you.Ligia

• Hi,Broksted!

Thanks to your information I could see the photos of the place where my ancestors lived in Lütjenburg,and even the Alter Posthof where my great grandfather was postmeister.

I would like to ask you something.You mentioned August Wilhelm Loewe in Rendsburg -1803.with his wife and chidren.I discovered that he is my fifth grandfather.Would you please tell me the name of his wife and children?

Thank you once more.

Ligia

• Hi Ligia,

here is the household of August Wilhelm Loewe in the census 1803 for Rendsburg:

- living in the city of Rendsburg (Garnison, Artillerie-Detachement, 19th Compagnie), Ritter Strasse No.571
    - August Wilhelm Loewe, 41y, fireworker, father
    - Dorothea Nielsen, 39y, mother
    - Urban Adolph Loewe, 13y, son
    - Anna Sophie Loewe, 11y, daughter
    - Christian Wilhelm Loewe, 9y, son
    - August Wilhelm Loewe, 7y, son
    - Catharina Charlotte Loewe, 5y, daughter
    - Friederich Wilhelm Loewe, 3y, son
    - Georg Peter Loewe, 1y, son

Best wishes for Christmas

Gruß Brokstedt

• Hi,Brokstedt !

Thank you so much for your help.In the census database is there my fourth grandfather Johann Friedrich Niels Loewe (or Friedrich Nielsen Loewe)?

Merry Christmas, or ,in Portuguese,Feliz Natal.

Gruss.Ligia