Reichle family in or near Sauldorf, BW

• I have been able to trace my great grandfather, Joseph/Josef Reichle, back to Sauldorf and that's where it ends. He was born Feb. 22, 1854 and departed from Hamburg to NYC, USA on the Westphalia on April 26, 1982. He had a brother, Franc/Franck/Frank, and their father's name was Casper/Caspar/Kaspar/Kasper. I will be in Germany for two weeks, Aug. 24 to Sept. 6. Any help would be appreciated as to where I can find ANY information. Other towns of known ancestors' births are Gutenstein and Deilingen. Also, I'm told we have distant relatives of the Reichle clan still in Germany. They own/operate a quarry. :danke:

• Hi, in order to find out more about your roots in Germany I would first write an email to the Landesarchiv Sigmaringen

email is stasigmaringen@la-bw.de and explain to them your desire. It is important to know if your ancestors are Protestant

or catholic. When you are in Germany you might have to go to this Archive in Person. Usually Germans are very helpfull

and most of them speak english :thumbsup: . You should also read the articel about Sigmaringen at Wikipedia if you have

not done it yet.

Regards Renate from Berlin

• To Renate from Berlin:
    THANK YOU so much for the tip!!! It looks like I will be spending at least two days in the Sigmaringen area on my mission. I've emailed, as you suggested, and await a response.