Looking for relatives from Marggrabowa/Olecko (Schwenkler, Doran, Balzereit)

• Hallo! I am looking for any information on my family who are from Marggrabowa/Olecko.

My Great-Great Grandfather, Frederick J. Doran, was born Dec. 16th, 1880 in Königsberg. His parents were Wilhelm Doran & Anna Louise Schwenkler, who were married 2nd Apr. 1877 in Marggrabowa. I know nothing about the Doran family.

Anna Louise’s parents were Friedrich Wilhelm Schwenkler & Dorothea Amalia Rau, who were married on 22 Oct. 1852. Friedrich’s parents were Johann Schwenkler & Carolina Baldzeweit (variations include; Baldzieweit, Balczuweyt, & Ballenweyt)

I am especially curious as to the origins of the ‘Baldzweit’ name and finding out more about the Doran family…. Would love to find some distant cousins!

Danke sehr!
    -Kate

• Hi Kate,

there is a collection of names from Marggrabowa online on this site , called Ortsfamilienbuch = Index of names in the area of Margrabowa.
    Doran, Schwenkler, Belzereit are included, please have a look.

Cheers
    Gerd

Suche Informationen zu den Familien Gawlik/Gawlick aus Dimmernwolka/Kleindimmern und Pfaffendorf, Skrotzki, Soyka in Kobulten/Pfaffendorf und Gorski in Kornau/Olschöwken

• Thank you, Lutz!

I had seen the Marggrabowa heritage book, and it does have some helpful information, however I am hoping to find information on previous generations (parents, grandparents, or siblings)....

:danke:

• Thank you!

Hi Kate,

there is a collection of names from Marggrabowa online on this site , called Ortsfamilienbuch = Index of names in the area of Margrabowa.
    Doran, Schwenkler, Belzereit are included, please have a look.

Cheers
    Gerd

[color=#0000ff]Moderator Comment:
    When editing please check under "Settings"
    [X] Enable smileys in this message
    and
    [x] Enable BBCode in this message
    You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
    have been enabled.

Unfortunately, we can't set these automatically.