Looking for Obergefreiter Schüßler of Bad-Ems.

• Dear readers,

First of all, sorry that I am writing this in English but my German is very bad.
    I am currently researching a German World War Two soldier who died on the Eastern Front.
    His name was Ferdinand "Rudi" Schüßler, who was born on the 28th of August 1920 in Bad Ems.
    On the 29th of August 1939 he joined the German Army, and during the Invasion of France in 1940 he saw action in
    Luxemburg, the Maginot line and Northern France.
    During this time he was with Infanterie-Regiment 107.

After the capitulation of France he remained with the same unit and was promoted to Obergefreiter, in June 1941 he went to Russia.
    During this invasion he saw action in Bialystok, Minsk, Smolensk, Gomel and Brjansk.
    Between December 1941 and July 1942 he was awarded the Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse, Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen and Ostmedaille 41/42.
    On the 25th of December 1942 he was killed together with Unteroffizier Linz during a Russian attack by a Stalinorgel.
    He was burried at the Heldenfriedhof Malyschewka.

I am currently in the posession of Rudi's Wehrpaß, award document of the Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse, Infanterie-Sturmabzeiche,
    and a couple of photo's and other documents of him.
    For about a year I am searching any relatives of him, but when I
    wrote a letter to the city archives of Bad-Ems they told me that the whole family moved to an unkown location after Rudi's death.

Although his parents are most likely dead, he did have (For as far as I know) at least a brother and a sister.
    But since the whole family went to a destination nobody knows, I do not know where they live.
    Is there any possibility or organisation where I can find a link to where the whole family went to?
    I would really like to have contact with relatives of Rudi to show them his photo's and documents.

With kind regards,

Koen.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von D_Dutch ()

• Hello,

I know this thread is from 2010 but I need to contact Koen.

It seems I can't see his email address because he isn't still registered on the forum.

Does the admin can provide me his email?

Regards,

Florent.