Search Forum

Our Magazines

Dear visitor, Welcome to Forum zur Ahnenforschung . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

cidmgr

Beginner

• "cidmgr" started this thread

Tuesday, October 19th 2010, 4:18am

Origin and name meaning for Danzebrink and Riepenkroger

Hi -

I am tracing my German roots and am looking for the name origin and/or name meaning for Danzebrink and Riepenkroger. I know Danzebrink was in Westphalia and Riepenkroger in Hannover.

Thanks for your help!

Debbie

Detlef05

Trainee

Tuesday, October 19th 2010, 8:34am

Hello Debby,

the family name Danzebrink is of Westphalian origin. It is a combination of Danzer and Brink. Dan(t)zer is meaning gleeman, Brink is meaning meadow on a higher level, surrounded by wet ground. Conclusion: Danzebrink is the gleeman, having his dwelling on the meadow.

The family name Riepenkroger is of Westhpalian or Lower Saxonian origin. It is a combination of Riepen an Kroger/Kröger. There are three villages called Riepen, one in Westphalia and two in Lower Saxony. Kruger is meaning innkeeper. Conclusion: Riepenkroger is the innkeeper of Riepen.

Kind regards
Detlef

cidmgr

Beginner

• "cidmgr" started this thread

Thursday, October 21st 2010, 5:22am

Thank you so much for this information. It is very useful.

Debbie