Looking for the parents of Martin Mantz, Neukirchen, Germany.

• Hi there,

This is my first post on this forum and i hope someone can help me out with the following.

For some time now i have been looking for the parents of a German relative of mine, Martin Mantz.

He was born around 1784 in a town called Neukirchen, Preussenand married to Magdalena Kraus, born in Neukirchen around the same time as Martin.

They had a son named Johannes, he was also born in Neukirchen (1810) and married (1841) a Dutch girl called Catharina Voogdt, she was born in 1807.

Johannes moved to Middelburg, Zeeland (Holland)

Martin and Magdalena both died in Neukirchen, Johannes died in Middelburg, Zeeland.

I do have a lot of information about this Mantz family after 1784 but i cant find anything from before that time.

If you have any information about the father or mother of Martin Mantz please let me know!

Thanks and have a nice day.

ac.

• Hi there Groveus,

I have noticed there are a lot of places called Neukirchen and i have no idea what so ever wich one it might be.

The only thing mentioned is that they came from A Neukirchen in Preussen, Germany.

it is infact the infamous needle in a haystack im afraid..

Because i cant find anything about Martin Mantz or his wife that predates 1784 i am starting to think that they may have had some sort of name-change or something.. just a wild guess.

Thanks for your reply!

Regards, ac

• *update*

Finally! i found the full names of the people i am looking for.

I hope that there is someone out there that can help me find more information about;

Johann Martin Mantz and Machtilde Margarethe Graus, probably both born in Neukirchen-Vluyn.

All the other info in my original post stays the same.

Also i found out there is a family-crest; 1+4, black on gold, a candlestick 2+3, gold on black, a tower?

If you have any information please let me know.

Kind regards, A.C.V.

• Hello,

look up this one:

https://www.geni.com/people/Jo…Mantz/6000000011322684131

Neukirchen-Vluyn is in North-Rhine-Westphalia. There's also a place called Neukirchen/Knüll in Hessen/Germany. I think the Manz-family is originally from this Neukirchen, because I found that name in connection with this place in here: http://mantzfamilyhistory.blogspot.de/. Also I do familyresearch in Neukirchen/Knüll and found the name Manz/Mantz in the churchbooks.

Greetings

Marie