Henry Haas born 1833 wurttemburg , settled in Newark NJ,USA

• Hi everyone , if you had asked me a year ago if I was any part German I would have answered no , but in my family research I have found otherwise , my GGG Grandfather was Henry Haas I know very little , he was born in 1833 in wurttemburg , and arived in New York before 1870 , he settled in New Jersey ,Married had 4 children and worked in a shoe factory , the area he settled in is predominantly a Jewish-German area and he is most likely a brother to fredrich Haas who lived next door on the 1885 census and worked in the same factory , he may also be a younger brother of Christian haas of the same area , I would love any info at all , records of him before -1870 ship & reason for immigration , parents names , any family history at all on the haas families of wurttemburg , I understand his name could have been different at birth , George Henry Haas , or Hienrich Haas are posabilities , I have not found his marriage record , his wife's name was Katherine (Kate ) and she was born in new York , his youngest daughter Elizabetha Gladys Haas born 1879 in new jersey was my GG Grandmother , it has been very difficult researching this side of the family perhaps that's what makes it so interesting ,

• Hallo Dee Pariseau

Wenn du "Haas" Familien aus Wuerttemberg suchst habe ich Dokumente und Urkunden von 2 Personen. Ob deren Nachkommen nach Amerika ausgewandert sind ist mir aber nicht bekannt.

Einmal : Hans Haas, Bürger aus Friolzheim der dem Kloster Hirsau im Schwarzwald Steuern (Tax) zahlen musste und

ein Bürgermeister Haas aus Tiefenbronn der so um 1860 im Ort Tiefenbronn für Recht und Ordnung zuständig war.

Bei Interesse bitte melden !

Grüsse aus Wuerttemberg

Didirich