Search Forum

Actions

Our Magazines

Dear visitor, Welcome to Forum zur Ahnenforschung . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

lindyloo

Unregistered

Wednesday, October 26th 2011, 10:56pm

Records of Prussian Military Doctor's between 1790-1850 ?

I wonder if someone could tell me where to look for the records of Prussian Military Doctor's between 1790-1850 ?

I've been researching my 5 x ggrandfather for many years and yesterday received a letter from an archivist at Ringsleben in Thuringia which provided me with the details of my ancestors birth and baptism in 1814. The letter said that his father was thought to be a man called BERG, a doctor in the Prussian Army. I have access to Ancestry.com but with so few details I have no chance of finding 'BERG' there.
Where should I start as regards finding BERG's military service please ?

Jensus

Trainee

Thursday, October 27th 2011, 11:35am

Hi lindyloo,
I'm not sure, but I found a Dr. Berg in the ranklist from 1823 (page 66): http://books.google.com/books?id=n1kmDTt…epage&q&f=false
(the "RW4" behind the name means (the russain) St. Wladimir-Orden 4. class: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_St._Vladimir
He was doctor in the 14.tes Infanterie-Regiment parts of the regiment went to the Grenadier Regiment Nr. 4.
;) Best regards,
Jens

lindyloo

Unregistered

Saturday, October 29th 2011, 6:39pm

Records of Prussian Military Doctor's between 1790-1850 ?

Hallo Jensus

Vielen Dank für Ihre Antwort.

Da ich kein Deutsch sprechen muss ich mich auf 'Google translate' verlassen.Leider manchmal den Sinn kommt in der Übersetzung verloren!
Meine 5 x ggrand Vater war in Borxleben im Jahre 1814 geboren. Alle Details, die ich aus der Pfarrei Aufzeichnungen, die für mich von einem Genealogen vom Pfarrer versorgt wurden recherchiert kommen.

Ich werde aufmerksam lesen alle Informationen, die Sie mir geschickt haben und hoffentlich einige weitere Forschung.

Sehr geschätzt,

Herzliche Grüße,

Lyn :thumbup: