About the Mantz family from Neukirchen near Ziegenhain, Hessen

• Dear members,

For some time now i am trying to find more information about the Mantz family from Neukirchen near Ziegenhain, Hessen.

With your help i want to collect as much information as possible before i travel from Amsterdam to Hessen to search for familymembers.

A short overview of the information i have collected over the years;

12th) Mantz (mantzius in latin)

Born: before or around 1611 death unknown.

Children;

Johannes

11th) Johannes (hans) Mantz,

Born: before or around 1631 death unknown.

Children;

Georg

10th) Georg Mantz,

Born: 1651 and married to a Maria?

Children;

Johann

9th) Johann Mantz,

Born: 1673 in Neukirchen Kreis ziegenhain, Hessen.

Married on 24-11-1701 to Anna Schreiber, she was his second wife, first one is unknown.

Children;

Jost-Heinrich,

Johann-Adam*, he was born in Neukirchen on 07-07-1698 and married on 17-02-1723 with Maria Daus or Baus.

*Johann-Adam was a butcher in the city of Neukirchen and together with his halfbrother he is the founder of the Dutch, American, Indonesian and Flamish branche of the family.

Also he is the great-grandfather of the "rösener-man(t)z" family, a name-change granted by the king for several reasons.

His branche is well documented in de city-archives of Amsterdam.

At least one of his sons became a member of the citycouncel of Neukirchen.

8th) Jost-Heinrich Mantz,

Born: 1702 in Neukirchen.

Married to Anna-Catharina Reidt, dates unknown.

Children;

Johann Martin

7th) Johann-Martin Mantz,

Born: 1753 in neukirchen, he died on 02-04-1828 in Neukirchen, 75 years old. he was a weaver of linnen cloth.

Married to Mechtild-margarethe Graus, born in Elberode, she died before 17-04-1865, she was his second wife. first one is unknown.

Children;

Johannes Mantz

6th) Johannes Mantz,

Born 08-11-1810 in Neukirchen, he died on 17-04-1865 in Middelburg. he was a weaver and bricklayer.

Served in the National Millitia.

Married to Johanna-Catharina Voog(d)t , she was born in Middelburg on 12-02-1806, she died on 20-03-1878 in Middelburg.

Children;

Bernardus-Martinus, he was a preacher.

Carel-Christiaan Mantz

Johann-Frederik, he was a shoemaker.

It is possible that the first three generations came from Regensburg because the familycrest mentions "ratisbonne"

Thanks in advance and with kind regards,

@