Hallo/Hello

• Hallo,

Ich wollte mich kurz vorstellen. Mein Name ist Heather und ich lebe in North Carolina, USA. Ich bin derzeit forschen meinen deutschen Vorfahren:

Trentmann und Rensmann aus Ostercappeln
    Grimme aus Epe
    Staarmann aus Alfhausen
    Gocke von Paderborn (das Schiff manifest, sagt Stadt Herkunft Rothe, jedoch)
    Reckers aus Plantlunne / Lingen
    Harber / Herbert von Obererthal

Ich freue mich auf die Erkundung der Website und diese Foren.

Es ist schön, Sie alle zu treffen. :)

Hello,

I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Heather and I live in North Carolina, USA. I am currently researching my German ancestors:

Trentmann and Rensmann from Ostercappeln
    Grimme from Epe
    Staarmann from Alfhausen
    Gocke from Paderborn (the ship manifest says town of origin is Rothe, however)
    Reckers from Plantlunne/Lingen
    Harber/Herbert from Obererthal

I look forward to exploring the website and these forums.

It is nice to meet you all.

• Hi Heather,
    Welcome to our forum. :) I do research in East Westphalia but unfortunately not in Paderborn (yet).
    If you go to the forum tab "Regional" and search for "Paderborn Rothe", you will see an entry with the heading "Kreis Höxter". When you click on it, it leads you to the relevant page. Scroll down to point 4.3 (Beverungen). There you will see "Rothe 227 Einwohner" (inhabitants). I guess this is the village Rothe your ancestor came from.
    If you have any queries, just let me know.
    Kind regards, Agrippina :)

• Hallo wieder,

Danke für die nette Begrüßung.

Vielen Dank auch an Agrippina mir geholfen herauszufinden, wo in Paderborn meinem Gocke Vorfahren sind!

Hi again,

Thanks for the lovely welcome.

Thanks also to Agrippina for helping me figure out where in Paderborn my Gocke ancestors are from!