just some thoughts

• Hello all,

My earliest ARMBRUST is Matthias of Family no. 315 in the Itzehoe census of 1803. Matthias was the illegitimate son of his mother M.Wendel and was 14 years old in 1803. Wendel was married to H. Dammann at that time. For all Family no. 315 members there is no address listed, just Itzehoe.

I have a hunch, only a hunch, that Marcus ARMBRUST (a schoolmaster) of family no. 276 in the 1803 Itzehoe census may have been Matthias' father. The address for family no. 276 is listed as pb 72. Itzehoe could not have been a very big place in 1803 so this just makes sense to me. Does anyone know what the pb 72 address means ? Does anyone have any thoughts as to why the young Wendel woman (my g'g'g'g'grandmother - 22 years old when Matthias was born) would have given her illegitimate son the Armbrust name rather than her own ?

And most important, does anyone have any thoughts on how to go about proving / disproving my theory of Marcus being Matthias' father ?

Any and all input will be most appreciated.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Bob Armbrust

Port Orange, Florida, USA

PS

Marcus Armbrust was the father of the Peter Jurgen Matthias Armbrust in an earlier post that M.I.F.E translated for me. Both Jurgen and Peter are given names that come up in descending generations of Matthias' line.

Thanks, :)

Bob

• Hallo Bob,
    vielleicht bringt der Taufeintrag mehr Klarheit auf die Frage, wieso als uneheliches Kind den FN Armbrust statt den FN Wendel.
    Mit Glück steht im Taufeintrag der Kindsvater. Welcher wohl ein Armbrust war. Nicht ungewöhnlich, solche Fälle hatte ich auch schon.
    Uneheliches Kind getauft auf den FN des Kindsvaters und taucht in anderen Einträgen unter dem FN der Mutter auf, zum Beispiel Matthias Wendel genannt Armbrust.
    Für Itzehoe ist zuständig:
    Kirchenkreisarchiv Rantzau-Münsterdorf
    Steenkamp 6, 25563 Wrist, Tel. 04821/ 4070-1435
    Sachbearbeiter für die Kirchenbücher Münsterdorf (Itzehoe) ist Herr Ramm
    archiv@kk-rm.de
    Achtung: Kostenpflichtig, setze vorher Höchsbetrag für Recherche.
    mfg

toter Punkt: Friedrich LUTHER * 04.02.1813 in ???
    einer der Landkreise der Provinz Pommern
    (Luther/Luthe/Lutter/Zuther/Zutter)

• Hello sting,

Thank you very much. Your's is the best suggestion I've had in a long time. I translated through the Google translater so not the best but I think I understand the idea and the important action to take.

I'm most grateful :)

Sincerely,

Bob Armbrust