Search Forum

Our Magazines

Dear visitor, Welcome to Forum zur Ahnenforschung . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, June 18th 2013, 10:08pm

Hans Christopher Dreisig b.1674

Hi,

I am looking for a Hans Christopher Dreisig, who most likely is my ancestor.
He might also have been called Johan. He is born in between 1674-1677, in Germany. I don't know the location, but things point to these places - Anhalt, Schleisen, Sachsen and Preussen.
He is described as a blacksmith, in swedish "Hofslagar", that is a smith, who put shoes on horses. Hans died about 1761, place unknown.

In 1720, he is in Skorteby, Viby parish, in Sweden. In an original text it is described, that he is living in the town with his wife, and he is a dragoon (German: Gragoner). He “works“ with two other dragoons, Georgen Georgensson Frost, 36 years old and from Preussien, and Georgen Hanson Ham, 36 years old and from Schleisien. The lieutenant for the dragoonregiment is Herr Michel Rilman, and the mayor is Herr Gynter.

I know he had a son, Johan Christopher Dreisig, who was born in 1703, I dont know where. But he died in 1770 in Kvidinge, Skåne, Sweden.

I hope someone has some ideas, so I can keep researching my ancestors. :)

- Mathilde Dreisig :danke: