obernburger basdorf

• Hallo,

My german is not so good, my english is better but not perfect.

Who can give me information about Joannes Obernburger, baptised at the age of 24 in Schellebelle,East-Flanders, in the year 1780. He was the son of Jacobus Obernburger and Eilsabeth Obernburger, he was born in " Baestrop, in Germania. I think that Baestrop is the old name for Basdorf, a " ortsteil " of Vöhl, Hessen. Another ortsteil of Vöhl is Obernburg: what a coincidence! I think, he is baptised to the Roman Catholic religion because he want to marry his girlfriend.The priest sayd: " modo ad veram fidem conversum"!
    Also in Schellebelle( Flanders) in the year 1779, a Daniel Conradi, son of Conrad and Anna Martha, is baptised at the age of 24. Here is no place of birth mentioned, only : ex Germania.
    Both man were very closed ( friends or relatives). Joannes was witness at the baptise of a daugther of Daniel in 1784.
    Daniel married in 1780 with a Flemish girl . Witness at the baptise for his firstborn was Matthias Lölty, also a German? name ( the priest says: Loltie).
    These three man had a perfect autographe, they were not unlettered!
    Why a immigation? Soldiers? Artisans? Economic refugies?

Joannes Obernburger married also in Flanders. He died in Wichelen, East- Flanders , in 1804. His name is changed to Van Overdenborger or Overdenborger. In 1998 there lived 18 people with this name in Flanders.
    Daniel Conradi's name is not changed. From Matthias Lölty, no more news.

Hubert Willems Oliemeers 15 9230 Massemen, Vlaanderen ( Belgien )