Theodor Lohmann and his son Peter Lohmann(b. 1890 in Preussen)

• Dear all,

I am about to give up but now I found this forum and hopefully someone can help me, I would be happy to reward the person who can help me out.

I am looking for Theodor Lohmann and his family, I know ihe had a son Peter Lohmann born approx. 1890. I think Theodor was like his son Peter working with iron casting.

His son Peter moved to Bergen, Norway around 1910 and married a norwegian in 1914. Peter died according to death records "at sea" 7 feb 1917, maybe he was called in to the german navy.

The records from Peters marriage says he was from Preussen, born 1890 and that his fathers name was Theodor Lohmann.

This is all info that I have and it seems very difficult to get more information about Theodor and his family. Thank you in advance for any help.

Best regards

Henrik

• Hello Henrik

if you search the database for casualties of German soldiers in World War I

http://des.genealogy.net/eingabe-verlustlisten/search

there is hardly any Peter Lohmann to match with your ancestor. I presume it is more likely that he aquired Norwegian citzenship and died e.g. by accident ?

Kindest regards

Gruss

Hedwig-Pauline

Dauersuche:

FENNER in Tlukawy/Hermstal/Wischin (Posen)

STIEWITZ aus "Strelen" in der "Niederlauselitz" (17. Jht.)

SCHÖNBORN aus "Rotenburg"/Neisse (18. Jht)

EICHEL aus Rostock (17. Jht.)

OSTERKAMP aus Hausbergen/Minden (17. Jht)

• Hello Hedwig-Pauline and thank you for for the link. I checked and agree that no one of them is "my" Peter Lohmann. Trying to search Theodor and Preussen but it is a big geographical area to search. If it says Preussen I presume it is West-Preussen. On monday I will visit the local archive here in Bergen to look for Peters death certificate.
    Now Theodor may be found in german archives perhaps, he should be born around 1850-70.

Maybe this post should be in "Request for searches"?

Best regards Henrik