Information on my great-great grandfather Traugott Sigismund Dietrich

• Good afternoon

I am looking for information regarding my great-great grandfather Traugott Sigismund Dietrich. I have traced his career from 1810 when he was Unter Chirurg at the Haupt-Zeughaus in Dresden till his dismissal from the Royal Saxon Army with pension due to disability in 1859. In 1819 he served in the König. Sächs. Artillerie as Chirurgus, and makes his next appearance as Hof Wund-Arzt (präd) in Dresden. In 1829 he was appointed Unter-Arzt at the Adeliches Cadetten-Corps (later Militair-Bildungs-Anstaldt) where he worked until his retirement. He was married to Johanna Christiana Wolff and had at least 5 children, the eldest being Heinrich Moritz Dietrich and later in 1828 my great grandfather Johann Moritz Dietrich (who immigrated to South Africa in 1861). I have no information as to his birth and death dates and his parents or siblings. I suspect he came from a line of military Barbiere, Feldscherer, Wund Arzte and Chiruge in Dresden, and that his father might have been Christian August Dietrich who served as a Chururg in the Haupt-Zeughaus in Dresden in 1810. I have almost exhausted the Adressbucher, Stamm und Ranglisten, Ranglisten, Staats-handbucher fur das Königreich Sachsen and Königlich Sächsischer Hof-, Civil- und Militär-Staat-books.

I would greatly appreciate any information that could help me further my research.

Kind regards

Keith Dietrich, South Africa

• Hi Keith,

also your request is already 6 month old I have found the birth of Johann Moritz Dietrich; his father was Traugott Siegismund Dietrich.
    Johann Moritz Dietrich was baptized June 24, 1828 at Dresden-Neustadt.

Regards from Berlin/Germany

Renate Walker