Search Forum

Our Magazines

Dear visitor, Welcome to Forum zur Ahnenforschung . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Charlesodi

Trainee

• "Charlesodi" started this thread

Tuesday, May 31st 2016, 7:48pm

Hi again.

I found a Daniel Ody born 1726, son of J. Francisci Ody and Maria Elisabeth.

The record entry is available at Familysearch site, here:
https://familysearch.org/tree/#view=ancestor&section=details&person=M8VX-TC8

Could that record solve the mistery on Daniel (*1726) relatives?
Can we trust that record created by Familysearch team?

Regards-
Charles

Dsbgodoy

Beginner

Societies: FamilySearch

Friday, May 5th 2017, 9:08pm

Poersch (Pörsch) Family

Hi all,

I am also from Brazil and I am working on my family history as well.

My ancestors are also from Beltheim and migrated to Brazil. The first one to come to Brazil was Johnn Pörsch, married to Katharina Ody.

Johnn Pörsch was born in Feb 14, 1833 and Katharina in Dec 18, 1884. They migrated in Brazil in 1861.

I am trying to find their birth and/or birth certificate. Does anyone knows where can I look or even call in order to discover this? Is there a place in Beltheim or a nearby town where they might have that document?

Any information would be very helpful.

I appreciate the attention.

David Godoy

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Dsbgodoy" (May 5th 2017, 9:11pm)

Charlesodi

Trainee

Saturday, May 6th 2017, 1:09am

Hi Dsbgodoy,

Join me on Facebook group "GenealODY" and you´ll find information regarding the ODY family.

Best regards-
Charles

Charlesodi

Trainee

Tuesday, January 30th 2018, 6:58pm

Hello Baerbel,

Check this information:

It came to me that Anna Margaretha Ody married Jacob Jacobs by 09/February/1796 at Sevenich.
This is information I got from researcher and writer Hanz Werner Nikolay (also a friend of mine on Facebook).
I´d suggest you to research Kastellaun rk books.

Best regards-
Charles

Wednesday, January 31st 2018, 9:02am

Hello Charles,
our Bärbel unfortunately passed away in 2016. She went to your ancestors.
greeting Jogy

Charlesodi

Trainee

Wednesday, January 31st 2018, 7:05pm

I´m so sorry to hear that.

Charles-

gkm

Trainee

Societies: WGfF

Thursday, February 8th 2018, 8:57pm

Dear Charles,

Quoted

It came to me that Anna Margaretha Ody married Jacob Jacobs by 09/February/1796 at Sevenich.
I had the opportunity to check the Sevenich Family Book by Michael Frauenberger.

Indeed there this marriage recorded

Jacob Jacobs in Sevenich, son of Anton Jacobs und Gertrud Riegel ,
oo 9.2.1796 in Sevenich
Marg. Ody, T.v. Jacob Ody and M. Pies

child
*8.1.1797 Jacob

Jacob Ody, son of Daniel Ody, and Maria Pies
oo 30.9.1762 in Sevenich
had 10 children
7. */~ 22/23.4.1776 Jacob

Daniel Ody was a teacher (Schulmeister) in Sevenich,+29.1.1765
oo A. Maria N.N. +2.11.1789 as widow, about 80 years of age

8 children
2. Jacob

Cheers,

Gerhard

Charlesodi

Trainee

Monday, February 12th 2018, 8:55pm

Hello Gerhard,

Thank you for confirming that marriage information. It just added me some data.

Thank you very much.

Cheers,

Charles

Monday, February 26th 2018, 12:09pm

Hello Charles,

Hello Bärbel, sorry for my delay to reply your post.

I think that maybe reading the information right from the source may clarify what I tried to write before.
All information I got from the following URL:http://nffg.de/bachelorarbeit/

Sincerily, your cousin from Brazil :)
thanks for your reply :) . (No problem that it took some time. It is the same here.)

Thanks for the link. I think I got your ideas right.
But there were two different Daniel Ody: - One was the son of Johann Franz Ody, born 1726; the other one was his godfather (and probably oncle). Daniel Ody, born 1726, son of Johann Franz Ody can not be identical with Daniel Ody, teacher (Schulmeister) at Sevenich (oo Anna Maria N.).
Daniel Ody, born 1726, son of Johann Franz Ody was teacher at Ehrenbreitstein (part of Koblenz today). He had a familiy there and died in 1791 at Ehrenbreitstein.

But there was an older Daniel Ody - see answer No 8 from Jogy here. Jogy quoted the entry of the baptism of Daniel Ody, son of Johann Franz Ody from the 3rd of September 1726. The godfathers name is "Daniel Ody" too. This older Daniel Ody (born before or roundabout 1700) is most probably the teacher that lived at Sevenich and had a family there.
As there is only one older Ody-family at Kastellaun before 1700 it is most probable, that OUR Daniel Ody (the older one) was a son of Dionysius Ody, teacher at Kastellaun. Our Daniel may have been a brother of Catharina, Johanetta and Johann Franz Ody, but can NOT be the son of Johann Franz Ody.
As I've written before, it is said, that there is still a gravestone at Kastellaun on which is inscripted it was donated by Johanetta Weber, Cathrin Becker, Daniel and Franz Ody as heirs. I couldn't prove this by now, but I will see if I find some proofs.

There for:

There were two different Daniel Ody:

a) the younger Daniel: he was the son of (Johann) Franz Ody and Elisabeth, born 1st September, baptist 3rd September 1726 at Kastelaun, teacher at Ehrenbreitstein, married with kids there, died 1791 at Ehrenbreitstein

b) the older Daniel: godfather of the younger Daniel at the 3rd September 1726 at Kastellaun; probably son of Dionysius Ody and brother of Johanneta, Catharina and Franz Ody from Kastellaun (I guess over 90% for Daniel to be a son of Dionysius); most probable teacher at Sevenich, married to Anna Maria with kids at Sevenich, died 1765 at Sevenich (99,5%)

Most probable (99,5%) b) is our ancestor - even if there is no last proof.

Obrigada meu primo

Cumprimentos

Bärbel
sehr interessant..

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "leon-mauer.1" (Feb 26th 2018, 12:11pm)