Roper and Thimijan Families

• I'm looking the ancestors of a John/Johann Roper that immigrated to the U.S. in 1856 on the ship Saranak departing from Ireland. He travel with three children, David, age 14, Eliza, age 7 and Ellen, age 5. No last names of the children on the manifest, but I believe the children may be John's siblings. All I know is he was born in Dec of 1834 in Mecklenburg. He settled in the Goodhue County, Minnesota area. I have no other information.

I'm also looking for the ancestors of Ludwig Thimijan/Timijon/Timiyan also born in Mecklenburg abt 1795/96. He married a lady name Mary/Marie/Maria before 1830. He also immigrated to the U.S. sometime before 1867. Ludwig also settled in the Goodhue County, Minnesota area. Ludwig's daughter, Anna Mary, married John/Johann Roper in the U.S. -- probably in Goodhue County. Can anyone assist in finding the ancestors of both families? Thank you.

Karen

• Hi Karen,

I looked at the ship list and noticed that this ship departed from Liverpool and not from Ireland.
    When it comes to the children there is this sign " under his last name which means they have the same
    last name than him.

I can not find the familyname Roper in Mecklenburg neither the name Thimijan and so on.

Regards
    Renate from Berlin/Germany

• There was a family of Thimijans from the Sophienhof district in the town of Loitz in the district of Vorpommern-Greifswald. The family name was spelled in my different ways: Thymejan, Thimijan, Thimyan, Thimjan, Thymjan. My Ludwig was born about 1795/1796. Again, Ludwig married a lady named Mary/Marie/Maria before 1830. He also immigrated to the U.S. sometime before 1867. Ludwig and Mary settled in the Goodhue County, Minnesota area. Ludwig's daughter, Anna Mary, married John/Johann Roper/Roeper in the U.S. -- probably in Goodhue County. Can anyone assist in finding the ancestors of both families? Thank you.