[English] Kobel family help

• Hello,

I'm Kevin from Buffalo, NY

I have lots of German roots in my family, so I will be reaching out for help for more in the family later. Right now, I've run into an issue with researching the Kobel family name from my tree.

What we do know for sure from family history is Joannes Adamus Kobel . He would be my 3rd Great Grandfather. My second great grandpa would be George.

The issue I have it with the 4th great grandfather and beyond. I'm nearly certain his name is "Christian" (spelled "Xtiani" in documents) . His link is here: https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/details/LZF5-QSN

Beyond that, it gets confused. It looks like his father was Johann Adam Kobel, who's father appears to be Andreas Kobel. But now we get into the crazy spellings of the last name (example Kapple, Cable). According to his profile, he was allegedly married to either Maria Eva Schaffer or Maria Elisabethae Betz (or both? Or neither?). But because of their birth dates listed, it seems unlikely

Please let me know if you need more information. The links I provided should help, but bear in mind that it is quite possible I co-mingled some people or messed up somewhere along the way.

Thank you for your anticipated replies!

• Hello Kevin,

I'd suggest you add the most important information (dates and places) to your text instead of only linking to Familysearch. Some people reading this might not have an LDS account.

• I am not sure the Christian Kobel is the correct one

Christian (Xtiani) Kobel
    30 September 1794 – 24 October 1860

Birth
    30 Sep 1794
    Rodalben, Pirmasens, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany

Christening
    30 Sep 1794
    Rodalben, Pirmasens, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany

Death
    24 OCT 1860
    Marine City, St. Clair Co., Michigan