Schwiebus - Kirchenbücher?

• My great grandfather was from the town of Schwiebus, he and his siblings were all born before the introduction of the Standesämter, and the parish registers for Schwiebus still seem to be missing as far as I can tell.
    For over 20 years I tried without any luck to trace his origins, until I got lucky around 1month ago and found that the family relocated to Schöneberg around 1883. I found a number of marriage and death records on ancestry.com which revealed my great grandfather had at least two brothers and a sister I didn't know about.

n recent years many records from the old Eastern provinces seem to have appeared in various places (LDS, ancestry.com, archion usw.) There seem to be significant parish registers for Züllichau, Liebenau and other smaller places but both the original and duplicate copies for Schwiebus are never listed anywhere.
    Is anyone able to say whether these parish registers for Schwiebus still exist anywhere? I can't think of any possible way to learn more about my ancestors without them.
    Thanks in advance,
    James

• Hello Simone!

Sorry for the late response, I have been occupied with other research.

Thanks for your reply, even if is not what I would like to hear.

It seems very strange to me that other places' Registers survived, yet the town Schwiebus/Swiebodzin was relatively undamaged by the war and both registers are missing, I wonder if their destruction was deliberate.
    I found that there are some microfilmed newspapers in various German archives, including Schwiebuser Wochenblatt, unfortunately not online, so I would need to book a ticket to Germany first :-)
    If you ever decided to check them out I would like to hear whether this is worthwhile for me to do..

In the meantime I will check out the Basia project.

Thanks again
    James from Australia