Church Records in Parmen

• Can anyone tell me if church records are available for Parmen, Brandenburg, Germany for prior to 1850? The LDS has recorded records 1850-1874, but that is it. I live in the U.S.A. and wonder if vital records before those years exist?

Thanks!

• Hello Dabparis,

there are existing Parmen church-records from 1696. Parmin is now belonging to the parish office of Fürstenwerder. For contact:

Pfarramt
    Fürstenwerder
    Ernst-Thälmann-Str. 37
    D 17291 Fürstenwerder

phone: 039859210

Kind regards
    Detlef

• Hi Peter,
    I am looking for the birth of Caroline Friederike Bengelsdorf, daughter of Daniel Bengelsdorf and Dorothea Bandelow. Her marriage record from Wrechen says she was born in 1813. Her death record from the United States says she was born 16 January 1814. Do you have anything on her birth? Another genalogist just told me today that some of their children were born in Warbende between 1811 and 1818...
    The death records for Daniel and Dorothea Bengelsdorf from 1851 and 1853 both state they left 4 living children, part minors?? Based on their ages, I am guessing they were raising some grandchildren. Do you see anything to indicate that?
    Thanks for the church book link!
    Dabney

• One more thing...the church records recorded by the Mormons- LDS for Warbende skip from 1794 to 1835. Of course that is the timeframe in question. Do you know ir Warbende has records available from that period if Caroline Friederike Bengelsdorf is not found in Parmen?
    Thanks again,
    Dabney

• Hello Dabney,

in Parmen church book

Bengelsdorf
    Doroth. Sophie Wilhelmine
    17. Juni 1811
    20. Jun
    Daniel Bengelsdorf
    Dorothea Bandelow

Bengelsdorf
    Johann Christian
    23. Juni 1818
    12. Jul
    Daniel Bengelsdorf
    Dorothea Bandelow

Bengelsdorf
    Friederike Wilhelm. Christine
    10. April 1822
    01. Mai
    Daniel Bengelsdorf
    Dorothea Bandelow

Bengelsdorf
    Hanna Wilhelmina Christina
    31. Juli 1825
    28. Aug.
    Daniel Bengelsdorf
    Dorothea Bandelow

Peter

• Hello Peter,
    I found on Metasearch the marriage record of Daniel Bengelsdorf and Dorothea Bandelow in Parmen. It says his father was from Craaz. I find no German city by that name. Do you have any idea what city it is referring to?
    Thanks,
    Dabney

• Thanks Peter! Can you look for any births? They were married in Parmen, but marriage record says Daniel Bengelsdorf was from Kraatz. He would have been born around 1770 - 1790. Can you also look for his wife's birth record? Her maiden name was Dorothea Bandelow. Also any birth record for 1813-1814 for Christine Bengelsdorf?

Thanks so much!
    Dabney

• Hi Peter,
    Thanks for looking. I know there is a possibility he was not born in Kraatz, but thought it was worth a try. Finding early records in Brandenburg is very diffcult. Especially when I do not live in Germany! Can you also look for a birth record for Dorothea Bandelow 1770-1790 in Parmen?

My main focus is to find a birth record in Germany for Caroline Bnegeldorf, daughter of Daniel and Dorothea, in 1813-14.

Many thanks,
    Dabney

• Hi Peter,
    I don't know if you have had any time to look into this?
    I now under stand that there were some Bengeldorfs in Arendsee. Do you have any idea if there are any church records for there??
    Thanks,
    Dabney