Catharine, Wilhelm, & Heinrich Korte Bersenbrück to Buffalo County, Wisconsin, USA

• I am looking for all/any information regarding 3 siblings from Bersenbrück (I know Catharine was born there as that's what was stated on her 2nd marriage record), also in the same record are the parents names Gerhard and Elisabetha Korte. Catharine was my 3rd great grandmother and I have the following details about her.I would also like to find the details of their parents and any other siblings. Please see the attached PDF for more detailed information.
    1. Catharine Korte was born Sep 1831 (1900 Census) in Bersenbrück, Königreich Hannover, Deutschen Reich and died Jul 03 1914 in Winona County, Minnesota, USA. She married Gerhardt Damm May 19 1856 in Cincinnati, Hamilton, Ohio, USA. He was born Sep 14 1828 in Kirnbach (Wolfach), Ortenaukreis, Großherzogtum Baden, Deutschen Reich and died Nov 01 1865 in Little Rock, Pulaski, Arkansas, USA, son of Josef Damm and Franziska Gmeiner. She married Jakob Schmidt Feb 09 1867 in Buffalo, Buffalo, Wisconsin, USA. He was born in Banzendorf, Preußen and died BEF 1870 in Wisconsin, USA.

2. Wilhelm "William" Korte was born Feb 1838 (1900 Census) in Germany and died BEF 1909 in Buffalo County, Wisconsin, USA. He married Volka Winter ABT 1865 in Unknown. She was born May 1846 in Germany and died 1928 in Buffalo County, Wisconsin, USA.

3. Heinrich “Henry" Korte was born ABT 1840 in Königreich Hannover and died in Buffalo County, Wisconsin, USA. He married Margaretha Flury Jun 13 1868 in Buffalo, Buffalo, Wisconsin, USA. She was born 1845 in Switzerland and died ABT 1920 in Whiteside County, Illinois, USA.

• I have just come across details of their parents. I came across a living descendent from Franziska Damm Fischer and she has documents detailing the births, marriage and deaths of the parents but nothing regarding the places of all the above events. She just wrote and said they've got old letters written in German that she'll scan but she's too busy to do it now. So, the Gerhard Hermann Korte was born 3 May 1805 unknown and died 29 Feb 1876 and married Elisabeth Marie zum Berge on 2 Sep 1827, she was born 11 Dec 1803 unknown and died 18 Dec 1880 unknown. They had two more daughters I didn't know about, Margaretha and Elisabeth, both with no details. I am uploading a new descendent tree with the added details.

Another interesting difference between my data and hers is that she has Catharine born at Rüsselsheim, Kirchspiel which isn't close to Hanover...

Dateien

• Korte3.pdf

(53,81 kB, 48 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von urbanomad ()

• I have just come across details of their parents. I came across a living descendent from Franziska Damm Fischer and she has documents detailing the births, marriage and deaths of the parents but nothing regarding the places of all the above events. She just wrote and said they've got old letters written in German that she'll scan but she's too busy to do it now. So, the Gerhard Hermann Korte was born 3 May 1805 unknown and died 29 Feb 1876 and married Elisabeth Marie zum Berge on 2 Sep 1827, she was born 11 Dec 1803 unknown and died 18 Dec 1880 unknown. They had two more daughters I didn't know about, Margaretha and Elisabeth, both with no details. I am uploading a new descendent tree with the added details.

Another interesting difference between my data and hers is that she has Catharine born at Rüsselsheim, Kirchspiel which isn't close to Hanover...

I've just come across a source with the same names with a tiny bit more information about Gerhard Korte and his family. I was questioning Wilhelm, and still am, but he was born within the same time frame and also in Buffalo County, Wisconsin as his siblings/cousins???? And the Rüssel bei Ankum is the place. :) :) :)
    GedBas