Mense Hoeting (1830-1909) and Johannah Janssen (1827-1879) - Niedersachsen, Germany

• Hello Everyone! I am looking for information on the parents, siblings, etc. of the following individuals:

1) Mense Hoeting / Höting
    - born 15 Jan 1830, in Lütetsburg, Germany
    - died 21 Mar 1909, in Nebraska, USA
    2) Johannah Janssen
    - 30 Oct 1827, location unknown
    - 8 May 1879, in Reepsholt, Germany

Their children were:
    A) Herro (Henri) Gerdes, born 1 December 1857, Arle
    B) Johann (John) Mense, born 6 January 1862, Arle
    C) Gabraecka (Raeke or Ricka), June 1865
    D) Annette (Nettie) E, 1872, Oldenburg

In general, the history for this branch of my family tree is quite limited. What information I do have is based primarily upon family stories, a partial history found in an letter, some old military and work documents in German, and US Census records. With this in mind, below is what I have managed to cobble together with the records I currently have:

It is believed that Mense was born January of 1830 in a town called Lütetsburg, Niedersachsen, Germany. His soon to be wife, Johanna, was born in October of 1827 in an unknown location (___tuemersiel village, Germany). The date and place of Mense and Johanna's marriage is currently unknown. Johanna's parents were said to be Liebald Janssen and Antje Osterassig and they owned a carpenter's store. Antje had seven children and two that died. (I believe that there may be additional information in the letter from which these facts are pulled, however I haven't at this time been able to translate the entire note successfully.)

Their first son Herro is recorded as having been born in Arle, Niedersachsen, Germany in December of 1857, his brother Johann was also born in Arle, but in January of 1862. There is no known birth place for their eldest sister Ricka, who was born June 1865, but the youngest child Annette is recorded as having been born in Oldenburg, Niedersachsen, Germany in 1872.

On 8 May 1879, Johanna passed away at the age of 51 in Reepsholt, Niedersachsen, Germany.

Per an Arbeitsbuch document for Herro that is dated 21 October 1882, his occupation is listed as Bäcker-Gesellen (Gehilfen) in Jever, Niedersachsen, Germany. While according to a military document my family has, Johann (John) was a member of the Erstaz-Reserve beginning in 1884 and ordered to report to the "4 Landwehr=Kompagnie des Landwehr=Berzirks=Kommandos Oldenburg I" by 22 August 1885. Later that year he was with the Oldenburg Infantry Regiment no. 91 and then possibly the Oldenburg Landwehr Regiment no 91, 1st bataillon. On 15 April 1886, it appears that Johann was given leave to go to North America until 15 April 1888 or until he was recalled for active duty.

By 19 May 1886, Mense and his four children: Herro, Johann, Ricka and Annette had arrived at Baltimore, Maryland on a ship named the Hohenzollern which had departed from the port in Bremen, Germany. From Baltimore, the family then moved to Nebraska.

If anyone has any additional information or suggestions as where to look for additional information, please let me know. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
    Jessica