Professor Bernhard Wendlandt, Berlin, died about 1927 or 1928

• Hi
    I am new to this Forum, from Sydney, Australia. I would be very grateful for any help or suggestion on best way to do further research about my relative Professor Bernhard Wendlandt, who lived and worked in Berlin in the 1920s.

confirmed facts:
    (1) full name: August Heinrich Bernhard Wendlandt, but known as Bernhard Wendlandt
    (2) born 1861, Zululand, South Africa (of German parents, Lutheran missionaries)
    (3) studied Leipzig University 1878-1886, Doctor of Music.
    (4) lived in Australia between 1867 to 1913, Melbourne, became well known musician, composer, and teacher.
    (5) migrated to Germany in late 1913/early 1914, to Leipzig, to be with my great aunt, Miss Gertrud Winkelmann. Gertrud was well known opera singer in Australia, she had travelled to Leipzig to study. She sang opera in the Alberthalle, Leipzig in 1913.
    (6) Wendlandt and Winkelmann possibly married in Berlin in 1914 (not confirmed)
    (7) they had one daughter Helga, born ?? between 1914 to 1918
    (8) Wendlandt's occupation: Professor of Music, and English teacher
    (9) Gertrud Winkelmann died 1st Dec 1918, Berlin, from Flu Pandemic
    (10) Wendlandt was living in Berlin in 1927 at address: [font='&quot']Berlin-Wilmersdorf Holsteinische Str. 33
    [/font]
    (11) Wendlandt died about 1927 or 1928, in Berlin.

Some other information: Bernhard had one brother in Germany, Willhelm Wendlandt, (1860-1935) , who was a Member of Parliament in Berlin, and was also a composer, author, playwright, and musician. Sorry for so much information. I would like to try and find out maybe two things if possible:

(1) Bernhard Wendland's date of death, in Berlin
    (2) Obituary. Or news report of his death if possible. Where could I write to or enquire about searching for this?

Unfortunately I do not know where in Berlin he was teaching, maybe privately, maybe at a University, I do not know.

any help/suggestions greatly appreciated

kind regards