Butenkrüger in HadmerslebenKossat

• Dear friends

In Genwiki I found ,about my ancestor Thilo Roetger (1587-1642) ,this expression:"Butenkrüger in HadmerslebenKossat".

I was not able to translate it.Even Google did not bring any answer.Would you help me,please?

Thank you. Ligia

• Hello Ligia,
    Butenkrug was a inn belonged to the Castle Wanzleben who many travelers have served as a hostel.
    Your Thilo Roetger was also an Traveler in Hadmersleben, later an Kossat and Schneidermeister in Etgersleben.

Greetings from Germany,
    David

• Hello Flexi

Thank you so much for your reply! My Thilo Rötger was the inn-keeper of this Butenkrug?

I am at a loss with these terms like Kossat,Ackermann,Halbspanner ,Erbherr...My German friends have helped me a lot!

Kind regards

Ligia

• Hello David

Thank you for your help.I have a Thilo's biography,but it is in gothic letters and I don't speak German very well. Would you please help me with this?

"Thilo was Bauer und Schneider ,wegen der damaligen Kriegsunruhe bald im Amte Egeln wohnend ,bald Hochadl. (?) Kotzischer (?) Unterthan (?)"

"Sein Wohnort war zuletzt Hadmersleben ,wo er als "Butenkrüger" starb".

Thank you again.

Kind regards. Ligia

• Hallo,
    Buttenkrug ist ein Krug (eine Wirtschaft) außerhalb des Dorfes (hinter dem Dorf). Das Wort Butten entstammt dem mittelniederdeutschen Wort buten, welches außen oder außerhalb bedeutet. Also ein Gastwirt außerhalb des Dorfes. Die älteste Gaststätte in der Börde ist der Buttenkrug in Hohendodeleben.
    Es gab mehrere Buttenkrüge, nicht nur einen.
    Grüße, Daniel

[b]"Stammgast" im Kirchenarchiv sowie Stadtarchiv Magdeburg und im LHASA (Landeshauptarchiv Sachsen-Anhalt)

Mitglied: AGGM; AMF; GGG (NY); Volksbund; Compgen

Meine Namensliste, interessante Geschichten rund um die Familie, sowie Biographien besonderer Vorfahren kann man meiner Homepageentnehmen.

• Hello Ligia,

translations:
    "Thilo was Bauer und Schneider ,wegen der damaligen Kriegsunruhe bald im
    Amte Egeln wohnend ,bald Hochadl. (?) Kotzischer (?) Unterthan (?)" Thilo was farmer and tailor, because of the war-riotings at that time he became inhabitand in the bailiwick of Egeln, thereafter subject of the Kotzischer(?) higher nobility.

"Sein Wohnort war zuletzt Hadmersleben ,wo er als "Butenkrüger" starb".
    His last place of residence was Hadmersleben where he died as "Butenkrüger".

Daniels input:
    Buttenkrug is an inn outside the village. The word Butten is derived from the old German word buten meaning outside. Consequently he was an inn-keeper outside the village. The oldest inn in the Börde [Börde = a fertile plain in that region] is the Buttenkrug in Hohendodeleben.
    There were several Buttenkrüge (Buttenkrugs), not only the one.

Kind regards
    Detlef