Info needed for Duysen and Godberson/Godperson

• Hello,

I'm looking for any information and documents on my 2x Great-Grandparents. Mainly marriage/census and death records

Christian Detlef Duysen: Birth 16 Mar 1826 in Emmelsbüll, Nordfriesland, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
    Death 28 May 1905 in Horsbüll, Nordfriesland, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany

Martha Marie Godberson/Godperson): Birth 17 Nov 1832 in Emmelsbüll, Nordfriesland, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
    Death 23 Apr 1918 in Horsbüll, Nordfriesland, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany

I do not have any definite info on this information, these are from someone else who had the research done but I have no documents to prove any of the dates and places are correct. They had 7 children, the 4 oldest emigrated to Iowa, USA and I have a lot of information on them except one. The 3 youngest (all daughters) stayed in Germany as far as I can tell. They are in order of age:

Nis E (my Great Grandfather) b:1866
    Detlef M (can find his emigration info, he left Germany between 1882 and 1884 any info on this would be great) b:1867
    Sieke K b: 1871
    Eliese P b: 1874
    These 4 came to America and birth records would be wonderful.

The ones that stayed are:
    Christine b:1876
    Dora b:1878
    Angeline b:1880
    Any birth/marriage/death information on these 3 would be great.

Thank you ahead of time.
    Steve Duysen
    Des Moines, Iowa, USA
    :danke: :thumbsup:

• Hi Steve,

existing Census databases for the Kingdom of Denmark for

Horsbuell 1803 and 1845 and for
    Emmelsbuell even 1803, 1835 and 1845.

Do you need any help ??

Greetings

Gruss

Hedwig-Pauline

Dauersuche:

FENNER in Tlukawy/Hermstal/Wischin (Posen)

STIEWITZ aus "Strelen" in der "Niederlauselitz" (17. Jht.)

SCHÖNBORN aus "Rotenburg"/Neisse (18. Jht)

EICHEL aus Rostock (17. Jht.)

OSTERKAMP aus Hausbergen/Minden (17. Jht)

• Hello Steve,

try this link with:
    Name: Duysen
    County: Slesvig-Holsten
    Hundred: Nordfrisland
    Parish: Emmelsbüll
    Placename: Osterdeich
    and you find the family.

Only with "County: Slesvig-Holsten" you´ll find some more Duysen´s.

greetings
    Helmut

• Thanks to both of you sooooo much!

Helmut... Thank you for the link. I just found my 2xGreat-grandfather in the 1835 census at age 10 with parents and all his brothers and sisters. You don't know how excited this makes me. Wish it were the actual census, but this will do.

Hedwig-Pauline -
    Yes please, I could use all the help possible. I kind of jumped in the deep end and have no idea what to do or where to go.

Again,
    Thank you both SO much!
    :danke: :danke: :danke:

• Yes Please, I can use all the help I can get. I decided for the New Year to try to start working on my European family and I'm in over my head and have no clue on what to do. Thanks!!!

• Thanks for the information!....That helped. I found my 2xGreat-Grandfather and all his siblings. I was jumping up and down with excitement when they showed up. Any idea on how to find more info like marriage and death records for them. I'm very new with all the European searching and don't have a clue on where to start or where to go.

Thanks!

• Hi,

I was away over the weekend. The Link Helmut gave you was also new for me, very exiting !!! I immediately tried it with above mentioned criteria and found

http://www.danishfamilysearch.com/search

4 persons Godbersen but not the one you are looking for. I will revert within short with hopefully better news.

Gruss

Hedwig-Pauline

Dauersuche:

• Hi,

I could send you the complete households of Ebe Duysen, tailor in Osterdeich, and Nis Godbersen, day labourer and coxswain in Kleinenkoogsdeich, if you are interested. Please inform me if we can get in touch directly via your private email address.

Greetings

Gruss

Hedwig-Pauline

Dauersuche:

• Hi,

I could send you the complete households of Ebe Duysen, tailor in Osterdeich, and Nis Godbersen, day labourer and coxswain in Kleinenkoogsdeich, if you are interested. Please inform me if we can get in touch directly via your private email address.

Greetings

Thank you so much! This is all very exciting. Yes, please send to my private email. Hopefully these are images of the original documents? I have a thing about wanting originals....somehow makes it more official to me for some reason. But I will take what I can get :D

Let me know if there is anything I can do for you over here in Iowa.

Steve