Lehr or Lehr-Turnbull

• Kia ora
    I have Edith Ella Turnbull married to Christian Lehr (of Berlin) in England in 1884. She then disappeared but I have located the birth of a son (Armin) in Berlin in 1885. I have also discovered a military record for Armin. I am having trouble with the handwriting but it looks as though Christian and Edith were in München in 1914. Later (1925) Edith translated into English Fritz von Ostini's "Deutsches Museum, München".
    "Hauptmann Armin Lehr-Turnbull" is mentioned on page 206 of Rudolf von Eichthal's "Servus: altösterreichische Soldatengeschichten" - if anyone has access to this publication I would like to know the context in which Armin is mentioned.
    Did Christian and Edith have any other children? What happened to Armin? or Edith? or Christian?
    Any assistance greatly appreciated? Reply in German if you prefer - It will force me to improve my ability to read German.
    Thank you
    daryl

• Hi Daryl,

Welcome (back) to the Forum :)

From your greeting, I'm guessing you come from New Zealand :D

Zitat

Kia ora is a Māori language (known as Te Reo) greeting which has entered New Zealand English. It means literally "be well/healthy" and is translated as an informal "hi" ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kia_ora

Zitat

Kia ora [kĩora] ist eine der traditionellen Begrüßungen der Māori, des indigenen Volkes Neuseelands.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kia_ora

Gruß / regards,
    Bob

• Hi,

Christian Lehr ist am 5. Januar 1910 in Charlottenburg verstorben (53 Jahre alt, geb. Berlin). Zu dem Zeitpunkt waren er und Ella bereits geschieden. Den Tod hat ein Herr Alfred Michel angezeigt.
    Todesanzeige der Familie vom 9.10.10 " Vater und Bruder Christian Lehr d. J.", Christian war Bildhauer und auch Direktor der Ulten- Edelmarmor-Werke in Südtirol. im Namen der Familie Eduard Lehr. keine weiteren Namen
    Getauft war er am 12.5.1856
    Seine Eltern ( Carl Christian und Caroline Henriette, geb Friedrich ) waren zuletzt wohnhaft in Wetzlar.

Heiratsannonce, gefunden in der Berliner Bösenzeitung v. 20.12.1884: Hr Christian Lehr mit Frl. Edith Ella Turnbull ( London).

Eduard Lehr hat das oben genannte Werk wohl übernommen. Er ist am 15.7.1930 verstorben. Er war verheiratet. Er war getauft am 20. 2.1859.

Freundliche Gruesse einmal um die halbe Welt

Thomas

• Kia ora
    I have discovered that Edith and Christian had two children and that sometime in the early 1900s Edith and the two children were re-located in Switzerland for some time before returning to Germany.
    Perhaps the second child is "C Lehr-Turnbull" as I have found a solitary reference to this person.

Any assistance in finding the birth of this second child and the death of Edith and Armin would be appreciated.
    thanks
    daryl