GOV database

• I am new on this forum and this is my first post.

I want to help to add Dutch graveyards to the GOV database and have some questions about the format of the quicktext.

What are the English keywords instead of neues objekt, gehört zu, hat, heißt (auf dut), ist (auf deu) and liegt bei

One of the keywords ("ist") has the suffix "(auf deu)". Can I change this to "(auf dut)", because the graveyard is in the Netherlands?

Best regards,

Marianne

• Hi Marianne,

thank you for your interest in the historical geo information system GOV. Apparently, we have failed to create an English manual for GOV's "quicktext" so far. When you switch the language to English you should also see the quicktext in English.

You are right, the ISO-639-2 code for Dutch is dut.

Here is a concordance for the GOV quicktext statements:

German English
    heißt
    has name
    ist has type
    hat Einwohner
    has population
    hat PLZ
    has postal code
    hat Konfession
    has denomination
    hat Gemeindekennzahl
    has municipal id
    hat Fläche
    has area
    hat Haushalte
    has households
    hat Gebäude
    has buildings
    gehört zu
    is part of
    steht in
    is located in
    repräsentiert represents
  • I don't know if the Dutch phrases represents the right translation. When I see only the German and English keywords and when I don't know which information is regular given, it is not possible to give a good translation.

E.g. "has Gebäude/has buildings": do you mean "how many houses, blocks of flats, office, factories, et cetera? "hat Gemeindekennzahl": do you mean the "kennzahl" of phone numbers?

If you have more documentation about using the keywords I'll try again to translate it into Dutch.

• Thank you very much!

I have a spreadsheet with the CBS codes of all municipalities. This spreadsheet also contains information about square measures, how many population, historic events of the municipality (absorption or splitting of former municipalities) with dates, etc.

I am looking for a convenient way to enter this information into the GOV database.

How is able to help me?

• Thank you very much!

I have a spreadsheet with the CBS codes of all municipalities. This spreadsheet also contains information about square measures, how many population, historic events of the municipality (absorption or splitting of former municipalities) with dates, etc.

I am looking for a convenient way to enter this information into the GOV database.

How is able to help me?

Maybe Jesper Zedlitz had an idea? He is the creator of GOV. Try to ask him directly jzedlitz

• A few weeks ago you asked me about the Dutch translations. Although I am in doubt, I think it's may be easy to use for Dutch people who loves the Dutch language and doesn't like other languages. So I'll try to translate your list:

heißt - heeft naam

ist - is

hat Einwohner - heeft inwoners

hat PLZ - heeft postcode

hat Konfession - ?

hat Gemeindekennzahl - heeft CBS-code

hat Fläche - ?

hat Haushalte - heeft huishoudens

hat Gebäude - heeft gebouwen

gehört zu - hoort bij

steht in - ?

repräsentiert - ?

Do you have more information about the keywords I marked with a question mark? Then I can try to find a good translation.

Best regards,

Marianne

• I hope jzedlitz will read your answer.

Maybe these words could be correct?:

hat Konfession - Denominatie

"Konfession means the kind of religion of the church:rk = roman-catholic, ev= protestant, rf= reformed, lu= lutheran, jd=jewish

hat Fläche - Oppervlakte

is the areal of the municapality in km²

steht in - staat in

means in which place the building is located

repräsentiert - staat voor

is special for buildings (churches) . A church represents a parish. You need here the object-ID of the parish. This makes the connection between Church and parish.

hat Gemeindekennzahl - gemeentenummer

I think this is better as CBS-Code. CBS is used only used in the Netherlands. What if you have communities in Belgium, Luxemburg or other states?

heißt - heeft naam

ist - is

hat Einwohner - heeft inwoners

hat PLZ - heeft postcode

hat Haushalte - heeft huishoudens

hat Gebäude - heeft gebouwen

gehört zu - hoort bij

• Thank you very much.

Some questions:

Does "Gebäude" means houses, factories, offices, churches, towers, etc.?

The PLZ in The Netherlands are 4 numeric digits, followed by 2 characters (A-Z). A small village has only one 4 digit code; the larger the place (city, etc.) the more 4 digit codes are assigned. Often the codes are ascending. Is it allowed to set 'hat PLZ 3831-3834'?

• Does "Gebäude" means houses, factories, offices, churches, towers, etc.?

Yes, but I believe, this was an error of Jesper. It seems, "Gebäude" is not a term for the quicktext.

PLZ: The shortest way for the answer is to try. 'hat PLZ 3831-3834' didn´t work, 'hat PLZ 3831AZ´is ok. And you can can enter the PLZ several times.

http://wiki-de.genealogy.net/GOV/Quicktext