Reisepasse protokol ERFURT

• Meine Vorfahren ausgewandert aus Bad Langensalza und Bad Tennstedt, Thüringen bis nach Amerika und Kanada zwischen den Jahren 1852 und 1864. Beide Stadtarchiv ist mir, dass sie keine Auswanderungdokument für ihre Städte.

Beide Städte wurden im Regierungsbezirk Erfurt zu diesem Zeitpunkt. Die Mormonen FHL hat Mikrofilm der Auswanderung für Erfurt, dass für die gleiche Zeit. Wer weiß, wenn diese Dokumente sind für die Stadt Erfurt oder sie die Rgbk. Erfurt? Ich habe eine Kopie eines Reisepasse für einen Mann das Leben in Tennstedt im Jahre 1846 und wurde in Erfurt ausgestellt.

Alle Kommentare willkommen! danke

Englisch

My ancestors emigrated from Bad Langensalza and Bad Tennstedt, Thüringen to America and Canada between years 1852 and 1864. Both Stadtarchiv's advise me that they have no emigration documents for their cities. Both cities were in the Regierungsbezirk Erfurt at that time. The Mormon FHL has microfilm of emigration documents for Erfurt for that same time. Does anyone know if these documents are for the city Erfurt or do they include the Rgbk. Erfurt? I have a copy of a Reisepasse for a man living in Tennstedt in 1846 and was issued in Erfurt. All comments welcome! Thank you.

• Hallo Michaelja,

wenn wir Dir helfen sollen, wäre es schon nicht schlecht, die Namen der gesuchten Personen zu erfahren ! Da könnte man z.B. bei ancestry in den Passagierlisten schauen oder auch bei Volkszählungen in den USA oder Canada.

Viele Grüße

Wolfgang (Horlbeck)

• Hi Michaela

We should know the names and dates of the persons you are searching for.
    Date and place of birth and when did they emigrate?
    Where they single or married when they emigrated?
    Date and place of birth of the wife and children?

For me it is not clear what you are searching for:
    Do you only search the traces of this persons in Germany?
    If yes, I would move your thread to the related subforum.

Do you have all dates and facts on the american side?
    Did you search on websites like ancestry, rootsweb, USGenWeb
    castlegarden and familysearchlabs recordsearch?

You can also read my thread about the first steps for searching in the USA:
    WICHTIG Infos zu diesem Forenbereich - Erste Schritte zur Suche in Amerika

Regards
    Svenja

• Hello Svenja and Wolfgang,

I shall reply in English.

I have done much research here in Canada and the US over the past 20+ years and corresponded with city/state/church/university archives in Germany. To summarize:

my GG Grandfather arrived in Canada in 1864 as Frank CHATSON. He was born unehelichen in Tennstedt (Bad Tennstedt) in 1834 and baptized with his mother's maiden name- BECHERER, Friedrich Wilhelm. One Canadian census says he emigrated in 1864, the other says 1856. I can find no information on his existence for the first 30 years of his life, whether that was in America or Europe. His mother and stepfather appear in US city directories in 1856. Their names- Friedrich Carl WIEGAND (Charles) * 1811 in Tennstedt, + 1871 in Canada and Maria Catharina * BECHERER 1804 in Mühlhausen/Thür. and died 1876 in USA.

Stadtarchiv Mühlhausen provided me with the Militärstammrolle entry for their other son August Christian WIEGAND * 1840 in Mühlhausen, + 1889 in USA. The entry stated that August Christian went with his parents to LANGENSALZA at some point in time and that they (the parents) were already living in America. He emigrated after them, ca. 1860 to Canada. It seems that he fulfilled his military duty. So Langensalza (Bad Langensalza) in Thüringen appears to be the last residence before emigration for the parents WIEGAND. Stadtarchiv Bad Langensalza has no emigration records available. That is why I asked the question in my original message- would the Mormon microfilm of emigration documents for ERFURT include the Regierungsbezirk Erfurt (including Langensalza) or just the city Erfurt? Would anyone be familiar with these specific records?

I have a Reisepasse document dated 1846 for another unrelated person who was a doctor living in Tennstedt but his papers were filed in Erfurt. This leads me to believe that the Mormon microfilm for emigration from Erfurt MAY include the Regierungsbezirk Erfurt as well.

As for Frank CHATSON- I do not know where this surname originated but it is possible it is French Alsace-Lorraine in origin and may have been the surname of his biological father. That is another puzzle! He may have emigrated under some other alias. Passenger lists show possibilities for WIEGANDS, but not as complete families emigrating at the same time. Same scenario for Friedrich BECHERS but definitely no CHATSONS or SCHATZENS.

Thanks for any help/suggestions as to these Reisepasse documents from Erfurt (or anything else for that matter!).

Michaelja