Family Wenne from Schifferstadt.

• Hi, all!
    I have long been looking for traces of the Wenne family from Schifferstadt. I found only the record of Anna Maria Wenne, daughter of Jacobus and Maria Anna born there in 1744.
    [Blocked Image: https://images89.fotosik.pl/319/3573dec76be5d23cmed.png]

The problem is that this family probably went to Konigsau (now Rivne in Ukraine), where a German colony was founded in 1783. I found there a lot of relatives from the family of my grandfather Gregorius Wenne. His ancestor Joannes Wenne arrived in Konigsau already married, because in 1785 their son Henricus was born there.

Therefore, I have a question - are there any lists of Schifferstadt residents from the second half of the 18th century available? Or maybe there are also lists of residents who went to Konigsau? I have a list of Konigsau residents but since 1785, but there is no information where they came from. I will be grateful for help in this topic.Jozef

• Hello Jozef,

There's a book about all families from Schifferstadt between the 12th and 18th century.
    http://genwiki.genealogy.net/Schifferstadt_(1),_OFB

An article about emigration from Schifferstadt in the 18th to 20th century:
    Paul, Roland / 1951-: "Um ein besseres Loos dorten zu finden" : zur Auswanderung aus Schifferstadt vom 18. bis zum 20. Jahrhundert
    In: Schifferstadt: Schifferstadt / hrsg. von d. Stadt Schifferstadt. [Red.: Bernhard Kukatzki ... ]. - Schifferstadt, 1998. - ISBN 3-00-002473-5. - S. 561-581. - Ill. - ISBN 3-00-002473-5

Not sure, if you can get these books via interlibrary lending in Poland. Maybe another forum member has got a copy nd can look things up for you. I keep my fingers crossed.

Viele Grüße,
    Simone

Familiennamen // Blog zur Familienforschung

Suche alles zur Abdecker-/Wasenmeister-Familie Pickelberger, Pickelsberger, Peckelberger, Peckenberger, Böckelberger, Pöckenberger, Böckenberger u. ä. Schreibweisen in Bayern und Österreich. Auch verwandte Berufe wie z.B. Schuster, Gerber.

• Thank you very much for your reply. I hope I find something. It is very difficult to find something, but I am of good cheer.
    :danke:
    Greetings
    Jozef