Standacher

Spelling Variations:
    Standacher

Settled in the Following Colonies:
    Seelmann

Pre-Volga Origin:
    Eckstedt, Kr. Sömmerda, Thüringen

Discussion & Documentation:

Bonifazius Standacher, a tailor (Schneider), and his wife Rosina Katharina arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 4 July 1766 aboard the ship Die Neue Freiheit von Bremen under the command of Skipper Steingrawer.

They settled in the Volga German colony of Seelmann on 15 July 1767 and are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 72.

Both the Oranienbaum passenger list and the 1767 census record that Bonifazius Standacher came from the German village of Eckstedt.

Sources:

- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Sm34.

- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 4 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2008): 162.

- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #1953.

Researcher(s):

Brent Mai

Mit freundlichen Grüßen.

• Hi!

I assume English is better than German?

Eckstedt was then part of the dukedom Saxony-Weimar and Eisenach.

Today, Eckstedt ist part of the church district Apolda-Buttstädt whose church books are, when digitalized, stored in the church archive in Eisenach. You can find a list of digitalized church books here: https://www.landeskirchenarchi…buliste_aktuell(2020).pdf

I could find Eckstedt on this list and thus microfilms of the church books are stored in Eisenach. They will be digitalized for research on Archion. You can find the order of church districts to be digitalized here: https://www.archion.de/de/arch…eskirchenarchiv-eisenach/

So there will be four more church districts before it is time for Apolda-Buttstädt, so I assume it will take up to two years until they will be on Archion. If this is too long for you, you can try asking the archive in Eisenach for an information from the church books via archiv.eisenach@ekmd.de. I don't know their exact prices but usually they charge around 30€ per 15 minutes of researching.

Best

Thankmar

• Servus.

Eisenach das ist Evangelisch-Lutherische Gemeinde.

Meine katolisch. Eckstedt, Kr Somefda.

Ich glaube das.

Spohr Oswald
    Eckstedt/161//1597-1847 (KL)

Oder?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen.

• That is surprising. Are you sure that they are from Eckstedt then? There are neither catholic churches in Eckstedt nor in the surounding villages.

The local heritage book from Oswald Spohr that you are refering to, is listing the entries from the protestant church of Eckstedt.

• OK. Kann sein andere Eckstedt.

Wielen Dank wür ihre Antwort.

Mutter meine Oma Stankowicz.

Vorfahren Stankowicz aus Gradec,Slowenien.

Ich hab gefunden Staudacker auch aus

Österreich.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen.

• Hello,

it is possible, that even katholic persons have been living in a protestant village (I know such about some of my own ancestors).

In the most of such cases the dates have been written into the protestant church books including the information, that they have been "papistisch", "pontificii" or something like that.

If there was a catholic monastery nearby it is possible to find the same dates in their church books, too (or - not so often - ) ONLY there.

Kind Greetings!

IRGENDWIE sind wir doch ALLE miteinander verwandt... ;)