Magdalinski in Hamburg

• Good morning!

I am trying to find three Magdalinski families where at least one of these families came from Hamburg to Lauenburg in Pommern. I’ve tried to find them in the Hamburg Address Books but they are not there. Does anyone have any further ideas on where I can find them in records from the late 1700’s?

The families are:

1. Emanuel Magdalinski (1771-1856) oo Johanna Henrietta Gerth (1783-1861). Emanuel is listed in 1803 in the Lauenburg Burgerbuch. He is listed in the Einwohnerbuch Lauenburg in 1843. I do not know if he originated in Hamburg.

2. Johann Andreas Emanuel Magdalinski (* abt 1793-1794) oo Emilie Albertine Paedtke (* abt 1816). He is listed in the Lauenburg Burgerbuch in 1839 as coming from Hamburg so he was in Hamburg before that year. He is listed in the Einwohnerbuch Lauenburg 1843 with his wife and children.

3. Johann Christian Magdalinski is listed in the Lauenburg Burgerbuch in 1808. It does not say where he was from. He is not listed in the Einwohnerbuch Lauenburg in 1843.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Have a great day,

Heidi

• Hello Heidi,

there are several family trees on myHeritage.com containing Immanuel Magdalinski oo Johanna Henrietta Gerth, maybe that could help?

There is an additional son Immanuel Heinrich Hermann Magdalinski (1815 - 1891) and an additional daughter Johanna Hermine A. born Magdalinski married Maaß. Her family seems to be included up to the present.

Greetings Helmut

• Thank you Helmut! I have Emanuel Magdalinski oo Johanna Gerth’s children Johanne, Heinrich Friedrich Ferdinand, Carl Wilhelm, Emanuel Heinrich Hermann, and Auguste.

I am trying to find out information about the three persons I wrote about being in or originating in Hamburg. Does anyone know how I could find some information in Hamburg?

Have a great day!

Heidi